1. The truth you should know:?Airlines earn much money from understanding our shopping habits. Most of us buy airfares before trips just few days or few weeks. But you should know that:
- According to research of?economists Macoto Wanatabe: 8 weeks before departure is the best time to book airfares.
- And according to report of airlines, 6 weeks is the best time to book.
So the tip for you: don’t buy tickets too close to departure time. Cheap tickets are usually sold at 4 months before flight departure (5 months with international flights). Also don’t book?too soon because it’s difficult to arrange your works. Let’s book at the right time. When? 6 to 10 weeks is the best period!
2. Traveling on holidays. This is an exeption, let’s book as soon as possible.
3. Airfare always increases very fast before departure time 1 week.?Specially, if you buy tickets?on?right day of?departure, you may have to pay more 40% compared to regular?fare.
4. Register to recieve reports of airfare via email from airlines to get the most suitable cost.
5. Friday is the day that has most expensive fare. You should only fly at this day if having no choice.
6. You should buy at the beggining of week.?Most of cheap tickets are ussually sold at this time.
7. Considering other airports. Big cities ussully have more than one airport and fares can be very different between them.
8. Booking at?flight deals sites.?I usually book tikets for my trips at CheapOAir.com. Sometime, airfares?can be cheaper than market price up to 30%.